Fortinet FortiGate 800D
High Performance Enterprise Firewall for Large Branch Offices
22x GE RJ45 ports, 4x GE RJ45 with Bypass Protection, 8x GE SFP slots, 2x 10G SFP+ slots, FortiASIC NP6 and CP8 hardware accelerated, 240GB onboard SDD Storage
List Price: $22,629.00
Our Price: Request a Quote
List Price: $35,075.00
Our Price: Request a Quote
Click here to jump to more pricing!
Please Note: All Prices are Inclusive of GST
Overview:With network bandwidth requirements doubling every 18 months and increases in sophisticated cyber threats, enterprise organizations with large branch offices know they need high-speed network security that also delivers highly effective next generation security.
Superior Next Generation Firewall PerformanceThe FortiGate 800D appliance delivers superior performance through a combination of purpose-built FortiASIC™ processors, high port density with 10 GE ports and consolidated security features from the FortiOS™ operating system. It delivers better next generation firewall performance compared to alternate products and provides the best price/performance in the industry.
Deeper Visibility and Top-rated Security
This breakthrough threat prevention performance allows organizations to run NSS Labs Recommended intrusion prevention and application control and VB100 certified antimalware capabilities for deeper inspection. Rich console views and reports together with a flexible policy engine provide the visibility and control to empower employees yet secure your enterprise.
Finally, these features of the FortiGate FortiOS Network Security Platform are routinely validated by independent real-world tests and are consistently getting superior ratings in security effectiveness.
|Firewall Performance||IPS Performance||Interfaces|
|36 Gbps||8 Gbps||Multiple 10 GE SFP+, GE SFP and GE RJ45|
Features & Benefits
- Superior hardware accelerated next generation firewall offers best-in-class price/performance ratio
- Integrated high port density delivers maximum flexibility and scalability
- NSS Labs Recommended NGFW and NGIPS with consolidated security delivers top-rated protection
- Application control plus identity and device-based policy enforcement provides more granular protection
- Intuitive management interface enables broad and deep visibility that scales from a single FortiGate to thousands
- USB Ports
- Console Port
- 2x GE RJ45 Management Ports
- 2x Bypass GE RJ45 Pairs
- 20x GE RJ45 Ports
- 8x GE SFP Slots
- 2x 10 GE SFP+ Slots
Powered by FortiASICs
- Custom FortiASIC™ processors deliver the power you need to detect malicious content at multi-Gigabit speeds
- Other security technologies cannot protect against today’ s wide range of content and connection-based threats because they rely on general-purpose CPUs, causing a dangerous performance gap
- FortiASIC processors pr ovide the performance needed to block emerging threats, meet rigorous third-party certifications, and ensure that your network security solution does not become a network bottleneck
Fortinet’s new, breakthrough FortiASIC NP6 network processor works inline with FortiOS functions delivering:
- Superior firewall performance for IPv4/IPv6, SCTP and multicast traf fic with ultra-low latency down to 3 microseconds
- VPN, CAPWAP and IP tunnel acceleration
- Anomaly-based intrusion prevention, checksum of fload and packet defragmentation
- Traf fic shaping and priority queuing
The FortiASIC CP8 content processor works outside of the direct flow of traffic, providing high-speed cryptography and content inspection services including:
- Signature-based content inspection acceleration
- Encryption and decryption offloading
10 GE ConnectivityHigh speed connectivity is essential for network security segmentation. The FortiGate 800D provides 10 GE slots that simplify network designs without relying on additional devices to bridge desired connectivity.
FortiOSControl all the security and networking capabilities across the entire FortiGate platform with one intuitive operating system. Reduce operating expenses and save time with a truly consolidated next generation security platform.
- A truly consolidated platform with one OS for all security and networking services for all FortiGate platforms.
- Industry-leading protection: NSS Labs Recommended, VB100, AV Comparatives and ICSA validated security and performance.
- Control thousands of applications, block the latest exploits, and filter web traffic based on millions of real-time URL ratings.
- Detect, contain and block advanced attacks automatically in minutes with integrated advanced threat protection framework.
- Solve your networking needs with extensive routing, switching, WiFi, LAN and WAN capabilities.
- Activate all the ASIC-boosted capabilities you need on the fastest firewall platform available.
FortiGuard Security Services
FortiGuard Labs offers real-time intelligence on the threat landscape, delivering comprehensive security updates across the full range of Fortinet's solutions. Comprised of security threat researchers, engineers, and forensic specialists, the team collaborates with the world's leading threat monitoring organizations, other network and security vendors, as well as law enforcement agencies:
- Real-time Updates — 24x7x365 Global Operations research security intelligence, distributed via Fortinet Distributed Network to all Fortinet platforms.
- Security Research — FortiGuard Labs have discovered over 170 unique zero-day vulnerabilities to date, totaling millions of automated signature updates monthly
- Validated Security Intelligence — Based on FortiGuard intelligence, Fortinet's network security platform is tested and validated by the world's leading third-party testing labs and customers globally.
FortiCare Support Services
Our FortiCare customer support team provides global technical support for all Fortinet products. With support staff in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia, FortiCare offers services to meet the needs of enterprises of all sizes:
- Enhanced Support — For customers who need support during local business hours only.
- Comprehensive Support — For customers who need around- the-clock mission critical support, including advanced exchange hardware replacement.
- Advanced Services — For global or regional customers who need an assigned Technical Account Manager, enhanced service level agreements, extended software support, priority escalation, on-site visits and more.
- Professional Services — For customers with more complex security implementations that require architecture and design services, implementation and deployment services, operational services and more.
Enterprise BundleFortiGuard Labs delivers a number of security intelligence services to augment the FortiGate firewall platform. You can easily optimize the protection capabilities of your FortiGate with the FortiGuard Enterprise Bundle. This bundle contains the full set of FortiGuard security services plus FortiCare service and support offering the most flexibility and broadest range of protection all in one package.
Fortinet Support Offerings
|8x5 Enhanced Support||24x7 Comprehensive Support||PRMA Next Day Delivery||PRMA 4 Hour On-Site Parts Delivery||PRMA 4 Hour On-Site Engineer|
|Replacement turnaround||Shipped within 3 Business Days of receipt of the defective hardware||NBD for supported states, 3-5 business days for other states||NBD||4 Hour Same Day||4 Hour Same Day|
|Interfaces and Modules|
|Hardware Accelerated 10 GE SFP+ Slots||2|
|Hardware Accelerated GE SFP Slots||8|
|Hardware Accelerated GE RJ45 Ports||20|
|Accelerated GE RJ45 Bypass Interfaces||4|
|GE RJ45 Management / HA Ports||2|
|USB Ports (Client / Server)||1 / 2|
|Onboard Storage||240 GB|
|Included Transceivers||2x SFP (SX 1 GE)|
|System Performance and Capacity|
|IPv4 Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 64 byte, UDP)||36 / 36 / 22 Gbps|
|IPv6 Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 86 byte, UDP)||36 / 36 / 22 Gbps|
|Firewall Latency (64 byte, UDP)||3 μs|
|Firewall Throughput (Packet per Second)||33 Mpps|
|Concurrent Sessions (TCP)||5 Million|
|New Sessions/Second (TCP)||280,000|
|IPsec VPN Throughput (512 byte)||20 Gbps|
|Gateway-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||2,000|
|Client-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||10,000|
|SSL-VPN Throughput||2.2 Gbps|
|Concurrent SSL-VPN Users (Recommended Maximum)||5,000|
|IPS Throughput (HTTP / Enterprise Mix) 1||8 / 4.2 Gbps|
|SSL Inspection Throughput 2||4 Gbps|
|Application Control Throughput 3||6 Gbps|
|NGFW Throughput 4||3.5 Gbps|
|Threat Protection Throughput 5||2.4 Gbps|
|CAPWAP Throughput 6||5.5 Gbps|
|Virtual Domains (Default / Maximum)||10 / 10|
|Maximum Number of FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel)||1024 / 512|
|Maximum Number of FortiTokens||1,000|
|Maximum Number of Registered Endpoints||2,000|
|High Availability Configurations||Active-Active, Active-Passive, Clustering|
|Dimensions and Power|
|Height x Width x Length (inches)||1.77 x 17.0 x 16.4|
|Height x Width x Length (mm)||45 x 432 x 416|
|Weight||19.0 lbs (8.6 kg)|
|Form Factor||1 RU|
|AC Power Supply||100–240V AC, 60–50 Hz|
|Power Consumption (Average / Maximum)||128 W / 187 W|
|Current (Maximum)||110V/7A, 220V/3.5A|
|Heat Dissipation||636 BTU/h|
|Redundant Power Supplies||(Hot Swappable) optional|
|Operating Environment and Certifications|
|Operating Temperature||32–104°F (0–40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31–158°F (-35–70°C)|
|Operating Altitude||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)|
|Compliance||FCC Part 15 Class A, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, UL/cUL, CB|
|Certifications||ICSA Labs: Firewall, IPsec, IPS, Antivirus, SSL-VPN|
Note: All performance values are "up to" and vary depending on system configuration. IPsec VPN performance is based on 512 byte UDP packets using AES-256+SHA1.
1. IPS performance is measured using 1 Mbyte HTTP and Enterprise Traffic Mix.
2. SSL Inspection is measured with IPS enabled and HTTP traffic, using TLS v1.2 with AES256-SHA.
3. Application Control performance is measured with 64 Kbytes HTTP traffic.
4. NGFW performance is measured with IPS and Application Control enabled, based on Enterprise Traffic Mix.
5. Threat Protection performance is measured with IPS and Application Control and Malware protection enabled, based on Enterprise Traffic Mix.
6. CAPWAP performance is based on 1444 byte UDP packets.
* Maximum loading on each PoE/+ port is 30 W (802.3at).
Download the Fortinet FortiGate 800D Data Sheet (PDF).