FortiMail Messaging Security
The FortiMail family of appliances is a proven, powerful messaging security platform for any size organization, from small businesses to carriers, service providers, and large enterprises. Purpose-built for the most demanding messaging systems, the FortiMail appliances utilize Fortinet's years of experience in protecting networks against spam, malware, and other message-borne threats.
You can prevent your messaging system from becoming a threat delivery system with FortiMail. Its inbound filtering engine blocks spam and malware before it can clog your network and affect users. Its outbound inspection technology prevents outbound spam or malware (including 3G mobile traffic) from causing other antispam gateways to blacklist your users.
Three deployment modes offer maximum versatility while minimizing infrastructure changes or service disruptions: transparent mode for seamless integration into existing networks with no changes to your existing mail server, gateway mode as a proxy MTA for existing messaging gateways, or full messaging server functionality for remote locations. FortiMail provides Identity-Based Encryption (IBE), in addition to S/MIME and TLS, as email encryption option to enforce policy-based encryption for secure content delivery. Furthermore, the FortiMail customizable and predefined dictionaries prevent accidental or intentional loss of confidential and regulated data.
- Layered protection (FortiGate + FortiMail) improves email security, separates low-latency perimeter and high-latency email functions for more efficient operation
- Advanced inspection capabilities and additional IP/antispam filtering functions improves protection against sophisticated email-based threats
- Stops spam before it consumes mail system and network resources, reducing capital expenditures on email functionality
- Advanced email content archiving, quarantining, and routing capabilities help achieve regulatory compliance
- Three modes of operation provide flexible deployment options (Transparent, Gateway, and Server)
- Turn-key deployment, integrated management, logging and reporting, and fully-automated security updates reduce IT management burden and operational expenses, with no per-user licensing fees